Discover Your Inner Wellness Leader
Leaders Empowered into Action, or LEAP, is our transformative 200-hour training and uses the spectrum of wellness from our accessible wellness training (AWE) with additional, specialized modules to empower you into effective leadership throughout your life. Learn technical aspects of teaching yoga and mindfulness, and how to make wellness come alive for your students from nationally renowned wellness leaders.
Whether you are new to the wellness world or are looking for ways to develop your leadership skills for the first time, LEAP provides an opportunity to explore your leadership potential through the experience of yoga, wellness, and your connection to others. Over the course of 9 weekends, you’ll move your body, explore self-inquiry and participate in team-building activities to practice and hone your unique leadership style. Upon completion, you’ll discover your skill and voice as a yoga teacher and flex your newly found leadership strengths in support of your community. Plus, we’ll walk you through all the requirements to receive your 200 hour yoga certification from Yoga Alliance.
Create Karma is led by some of the country’s leading wellness professionals to give participants an unparalleled training experience. Each weekend session is led by a renowned instructor or expert who specializes in a unique area of leadership development, wellness, and/or community outreach. The training’s diverse curriculum is overseen by Create Karma Founder Sarah Yukie Gingrich, who brings over a dozen years of yoga practice, participation and leadership in international yoga trainings to our program.
The training is based on a pay-it-forward model, encouraging you to bring the lessons you’ll learn in LEAP back to others in your community. As a LEAP trainee, you will become a leader in both thought and action, creating a life of health and empowerment for yourself and those around you. You’ll learn from some of the country’s leading wellness experts how to consistently experience wellness in your own life, plus gain the tools to become a leader and share those lessons with others, no matter where you are in your wellness journey when you begin the LEAP training.
With our focus on community, LEAP is also an ideal training for existing leaders and wellness advocates. Expand your skills and bring mindfulness and wellness to the populations you already serve so boldly. Non-profit executives and staff from nursing homes, churches, shelters, and other community organizations that serve at-risk populations can join like-minded individuals in working together towards a common goal: Creating strong, healthy communities by becoming compassionate human beings and leaders.
Do you have goosebumps yet? So do we!
How is LEAP different from any other yoga training? We’ve specifically designed LEAP to provide you with the optimal opportunity for personal development by integrating yogic and leadership training fundamentals with a variety of wellness practices. Plus, you’ll be part of a live cohort with fellow LEAP trainees in each session and receive personalized mentorship and support along the way!
LEAP combines physical movement, breathwork, meditation, and self-inquiry into awareness with team-building activities and action-based service projects to give you all the tools and practical experience you need to generate enduring wellness in your life and community. By completing this leadership-in-action training, you will transform your relationship with yourself and your ability to create wellness and empowered leadership every day.
- Anatomy & Kinesiology: Learn basic anatomy and awareness to discover a new relationship to your body
- Ayurveda: Stabilize your inner and outer environment through nutrition and daily life practices
- Yoga: Fundamentals to integrate a home yoga practice into your routine, however it works for you
- Physiology of Wellness: Learn how the systems of wellness in the body regulate health
- Functional Movement: Ground and energize yourself through a wide variety of yoga and movement styles
- Healing Breath: Learn how you can use yogic breathing practices (pranayama) to balance your nervous system and support your wellbeing at a moment’s notice
- Connection: Create partnership and community by sharing yourself authentically and generously with anyone in your life
- Support: Join our thriving community in person and online, plus connect in weekly calls with your mentor and a fellow trainee/accountability partner
- Sustainability: Nourish and support your body with practical daily wellness habits customized for you
- Coaching: Access regular coaching calls with your mentor and accountability partner, plus e-mails to personalize your experience and integrate the program into your life
- Leadership: Integrate your unique leadership style as a natural extension of your being, and share wellness with others with ease
- Service: Impact the lives that matter to you
Make your weekends a wellness retreat that you look forward to, without sacrificing a whole season of your life! LEAP is conducted on 9 weekends, spaced out over the course of 6 months, so that you can sustain your life as it is now, and make way for your leadership transformation throughout the program. We realize that stepping into new and bold leadership opportunities can be scary at first, so our programs are intentionally designed to help you take powerful action, and refine your style with the support of your accountability partner, experienced yoga and wellness mentor and the CK Team. Each weekend session includes Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday mornings through late afternoons/early evenings.
Online Fall 2020
- Weekend 1 – October 16, 17, 18
- Weekend 2 – November 6, 7, 8
- Weekend 3 – December 4, 5, 6
- Weekend 4 – January 8, 9, 10
- Weekend 5 – January 29, 30, 31
- Weekend 6 – February 19, 20, 21
- Weekend 7 – March 12, 13, 14
- Weekend 8 – March 26, 27, 28
- Weekend 9 – April 9, 10, 11
If the state of our world allows us to gather in person over the course of the AWE training, our fabulous host studios Zia Yoga and Wellness and Willow Yoga would welcome Create Karma with open arms for in-person workshops and sessions. We are closely monitoring local regulations and will only offer in-person opportunities once it is deemed safe to do so.
Anyone with an interest in leadership and wellness is welcome and encouraged to apply. Once you submit your application, our team will review what you’ve shared and be in touch!
If accepted, you must attend all training hours, complete all coursework and training homework, and lead 10 outreach classes (a minimum of 60 minutes in length each) in order to complete the LEAP Program and earn your 200-hour yoga certification. Learn More.
For a limited time, we’re honoring your determination to commit to a radically transformed life with Early Bird Pricing. LEAP is discounted $300, but this discount won’t be around for long! Apply and Enroll by July 31st, and you’ll secure your spot.
Space is limited, and we only offer this program once a year. If you’re on the fence for any reason, send us a note and we’d be happy to help you get clear on your wellness possibilities and make the best choice for you.