Facilitators Empowered into Action Training- FEAT
Facilitators Empowered into Action Training, or FEAT, is Create Karma’s Facilitator program geared towards 300-hour-level Create Karma graduates who want to learn advanced hosting and facilitation skills while partnering with their leader community and guiding future leaders. This training is designed to enhance your ability to be a leader who can organize and implement programming through mentoring with skilled facilitators and partnering with wellness teachers and community leaders. A true hands-on approach, you will get to see yourself in the action of creating a learning environment.
Graduates of this program will have an in-depth understanding of the Create Karma curriculum as well as the elements of organization and implementation necessary to host their own trainings.
FEAT Curriculum Includes…
- Awareness: Learn to evaluate the effectiveness of different teaching and facilitation styles
- Connection: Create partnership and community by sharing yourself authentically and generously
- Curriculum: Design and share content and learn to shape listening
- Leadership: Implement leadership as a natural extension of your being
- Mentorship: Give and receive tools to effectively foster development
- Sustainability: Utilize co-creation to generate balanced programming
- Service: Impact the lives that matter to you
- Facilitation Experience: Empower others to be leaders and learn directly from our facilitators
2018 Training Weekends
Each weekend session includes Friday evenings, Saturday and Sunday mornings thru late afternoons/early evenings. The MEET the FEAT weekend is required, and you will choose 4 of the 8 training weekends to serve as a member of the Facilitator Team. Much of your training happens outside of classroom hours as you partner with your team and leaders to design coursework, organize class content, and implement creative solutions to meet learning objectives.
- March 23-25 (MEET the FEAT)
- April 6-8
- April 27-29
- May 18-20
- June 8-10
- June 29-July 1
- July 13-15
- Aug. 3-5
- Aug. 24-26
- Sept. 7-9 (YTC weekend is highly recommended but not required)
Payment plans for the entire program are available. Once accepted, $308 (your $108 application fee and $200 deposit) will secure your space. Choose to pay your tuition by the beginning of the program or as six $102 monthly payments deducted over the course of training.
To be eligible to enroll in our 300-hour program, you must have previously completed the MEET program OR our 2016 FEAT program. Once you are accepted, you must attend all your selected weekend hours, complete all your commitments, training sessions, and mentorship work. In addition to serving as a leader and mentor to MEET participants, there is a commitment to give back by creating an ongoing partnership and empowering content.